We’ve had to take a bit of time off the actual game development for the last week or so as we noticed some drop in FPS. This is not acceptable so we had to do some optimisation of the 3D models.
Given that we are producing all the assets for the KickStarter demo, we’re learning as we go along. Neither of us are Blender experts so we’re figuring things out about optimisation, vertices reduction and more efficient UV Mapping.
As you can see from the numbers in the screen shot, we’ve managed to achieve some pretty impressive reductions in vertices. This will have a great impact on FPS and more importantly means we can continue with the fun stuff, the game development!